About the Company
Our client is a leader in the Real Estate industry and is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Accountant with corporate level experience from Real Estate to take on more responsibilities in a hands-on Manager position.
About the Opportunity
- Preparation and timely reporting of the company’s consolidated financial statements in accordance with regulatory requirements on a quarterly basis
- Preparation of financial information for external reports to investors and regulatory filings, including quarterly financial reporting package and various additional investor reporting
- Accurately maintain the general ledgers of numerous investment and holdings entities, including consolidation and intercompany accounts
- Coordinate the interim and annual audit, including liaising with external auditors, researching accounting policies and standards and drafting investment accounting memos
- Coordinate income tax compliance and filings across various jurisdictions, including Canadian Partnership and Corporate returns, US Partnership returns and HST filings
- Ensure all accounting processes are adhered to and in compliance with audit standards
- Assist with determining the accounting treatment and preparation of related documentation for investment acquisition and divestiture activities
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations for corporate entities including accounts payable, accounts receivable and treasury management
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management
- Provide assistance with various other projects as required
- Possess a university business or finance degree and has 2+ years of work experience in consolidation and financial reporting ideally within the real estate industry
- Possess a CPA designation with strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices (GAAP, IFRS) and regulatory requirements
- Be proficient with standard accounting software (Sage Accpac, Yardi, JD Edwards, Geneva, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrates expertise in consolidation, financial processes, analysis, and solutions driven
- Be bright and analytical, able to solve problems and make decisions using logical processes
This position may be adjusted or changed at anytime to accommodate growing business needs.
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24588.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.