ARE YOU A SEASONED ACCOUNTING MANAGER LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking an Accounting Manager on a full-time basis.
Our client is one of the largest real estate companies in Canada. They are looking for an Accounting Manager to join their North American Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for managing a team of four Property Accountants, overseeing financial reporting, and budgeting and forecasting for a portfolio of high quality commercial real estate properties. You will benefit from working on collaborative and cross-functional projects that help achieve the company's strategic goals. Even better, you will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team, and part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes the development of employees and their long-term growth.
About the Opportunity
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements
- Manage a team to ensure accurate and timely month-end and year-end general ledger close for portfolio of assigned properties
- Budget, cash flow management/forecasting, and distributions to owners
- Provide accounting and financial guidance to the real estate management group, including review of new leases, potential financial impact of lease terms and financial impact of new or existing accounting rules and guidelines
- Work closely with the Investment team to assist with acquisition and disposition of properties including review of purchase and sale agreements and statement of adjustments
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a team of 3 employees or more
- Experience in property Accounting in Office or Retail sectors is preferred
- Possess a CPA (one of CA/CMA/CGA) designation
- Experience with JDE is preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #19470.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit