DYNAMIC COMPANY LOOKING FOR A PART TIME ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR. Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Coordinator to take their company to the next level.
Accounting Coordinator - 3 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
Our client is looking for a part time Accounting Coordinator to assist in their accounting department. This is a temporary role for three months and will transition to a permanent role. This role will initially be four days a week and will transition to five days a week when the role becomes permanent.
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, and recurring entries based on the monthly schedule
- Identify and record capital expenditures and maintain continuity schedules
- Identify, record, and maintain prepaid expenses
- Reconcile and maintain leasing commitments
- Complete monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare internal reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to support senior management. (E.g. Sales reports, comparative analysis, customer counts, profit sharing etc.)
- Assist with preparing and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Prepare and submit the bi-weekly payroll using Desjardins Payroll D Employer and HR Solutions
- Complete required reporting/remittances to all regulatory bodies (CRA, Minister of Finance, WSIB, WCB etc.)
- Complete annual filing requirements (CRA, Minister of Finance, WSIB, WCB etc.)
- Liaise with Human Resources to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to
- Provide recommendations for streamlining processes
- Plan, develop, and enforce internal controls
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Assist with preparations for the annual audit by constructing working papers and other financial analysis
- Perform other relevant duties and/or projects as required
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, preferably enrolled in the CPA Student program (highly flexible) or recent acquisition of designation or related experience
- Enrolled in or completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) through the Canadian Payroll Association is preferred but highly flexible
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in accounting at a senior level of responsibility
- Experience with computerized ledger systems (SAGE 300 including Financial reporter preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with online payroll applications an asset
- Well-developed analytical and planning skills
- Strong computer skills, including Excel. MS Office (familiarity with AccPac/Sage would be an asset)
$17 - $24/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24211.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.