About the Opportunity
- Handle basic accounts payable / accounts receivable transactions
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
- Compile and sort invoices, checks, account statements and reports
- Reconcile bank records
- Respond to investigating questions
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, filing and record keeping, faxing and photocopying
- 10+ years financial and/or accounting experience
- Training or education in accounting or related financial discipline
- Some business function knowledge
- Excel in customer service
- Efficiently problem solve
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of federal, provincial/state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel; proficient user of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficient user of accounting software such as Simply Accounting, Quick books, ACCPAC, etc.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27784.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.