The Accounting Analyst is accountable to provide timely, accurate and efficient service delivery in support of general accounting, cash management (Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable), and administrative tasks in accordance with appropriate principles and standards. In addition, this role must understand and follow all compliance guidelines related to anti-money laundering and other key regulations.
Accurate and efficient service delivery of general accounting and administrative process such as: daily incoming cheque scanning/deposits and outgoing cheques or EFT/Wires processing, system data entry for premium and claims, analysis and balancing of bank and account reconciliations, preparation and entry of monthly journals, and analysis of accounts and monthly/quarterly reporting and project work, as assigned.
About the Opportunity
- Manage any questions or concerns raised by Policyholder Services or New Business by identifying and recommending appropriate business solutions after assessing all potential risks
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with partners to process transactions, resolve queries and fulfill service delivery expectations
- Provide input, analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of processes and procedures and support the implementation of any changed processes or procedures
- Ensure that all required payments, cheques are appropriate accounted for, balanced and managed according to established policies and procedures, including all compliance requirements
- Investigate and escalate issues with respect to financial data quality, unusual transactions, incomplete data, outstanding items and reconciliations
- Manage any assigned projects related to system conversions, testing of new functionality and special information requests
- Provide when requested to do so to manage absences and ensure effective ongoing operations
- Provide back-up support within the finance department when requested to ensure effective ongoing operations, and share working task knowledge with existing co-workers, and training new staff
- Provide support to internal audits, external audits and regulatory audits, as required, by providing documentation and information, under the direction of the Manager, Finance Operations
- Adhere to all aspects of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
- University or College Graduate in the Accounting/Finance field
- Previous experience with Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking, Journal Entries, and General Ledger or Bank Account Reconciliations
- Working knowledge of all compliance rules and regulations
- Excel and Word intermediate to advanced knowledge
- Excellent accuracy and high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Able to work within time constraints and deadlines
- Basic knowledge of insurance products is an asset
$17 - $18/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24405.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.