About the Opportunity
- Ensure timely and accurate settlement of all Private Placement transactions while collaborating with Custodians, internal Private Debt/Equity Groups and external clients to monitor and minimize any interruption of service
- Process cash and security transfers in a timely manner per contractual agreements with the borrower / transfer agent. Perform best practices to safeguard the organization to any potential liabilities when such debt & equity transactions take place
- Correctly allocate investment income to the proper portfolio / borrower account. Track payment schedules and ensure money is received per schedule. Such redemptions may include but not limited to (casualty payments, commitment fees, gain / loss adjustments, capitalization activity)
- Operate within established procedures and ensure documentation is generated and maintained as such practices and workflows evolve over time
- Adhere to and reinforce established SOX documentation as it pertains to Key and Non-Key controls with emphasis on private placement activity. Support new and ongoing audit programs in conjunction with internal and external examiners
- Exercise initiatives to assist department management in review and analysis of established procedures and processes, making recommendations to ensure efficient and flexible service is provided to clients at all times
- Provide continuous assistance to other team members and management when required
- Prioritize workload to establish a consistent work stream to deliver productive and effective results on a daily basis
- Focus on understanding the complexity of International Investments with acknowledgment of the sensitivity and urgency to resolve any underlying issues while acknowledging international barriers
- University Degree or College Diploma in an accounting related field of study and active or planned enrollment in a recognized accounting program (CPA).
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts including accounts receivable, general accounting, bank reconciliations, and budgets.
- Interest and passion for commercial real and accounting.
- Excellent communication including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work and analyze at a high level;
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment that includes new ideas and change
- Able to perform with exceptional integrity, always striving to do the right thing and help to create an environment built on trust, honesty and respect.
- Keen interest and dedication to life-long learning and self-improvement.
- Dedication to service excellence for customers, clients, and team members with an eagerness to share ideas and look for opportunities to improve.
$21 - $25/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26991.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.