About the Opportunity
- Liaise with third-party property managers and accountants to ensure the integrity, accuracy and completeness of monthly accounting information and property management reports (e.g., financial statements, amortization schedules, tenant recovery schedules, security deposits, accounts payable & receivable, etc.)
- Prepare month end bank reconciliations, journal entries, and support working papers and quarterly financial statements for presentation to external investors
- Assist with the preparation and review of client and portfolio reporting and schedules, including cash flow projections, monthly variance analysis reports, and annual budgets
- Prepare accounting entries for acquisitions and dispositions of investment properties
- Review management fees, leasing fees, chargeback invoices to tenants, HST reconciliations, annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance), and tax final billing adjustments
- Assist the preparation of sales tax filings and annual income tax returns and filings
- Assist the calculation and reporting of net asset valuations (NAV) for an investment fund, including multiple series, on a monthly basis or at interim dates as required
- Support implementation of accounting changes and other process improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and notes in accordance with ASPE, IFRS or a disclosed basis of accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience in financial management, preferably in the real estate industry and/or fund management
- Undergraduate degree preferably in accounting or finance
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA, CGA, CMA) or actively enrolled in the CPA program (midway through or nearing completion) is an asset
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills; familiarity with Yardi real estate accounting/reporting software is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
$65,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #382722.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.