About the Opportunity
- Monthly accounting, financial statements, realized foreign exchange schedules, investment continuity schedule, realized foreign exchange, and other monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis and market value reports as required by the Manager/Director
- Calculation and/or maintenance of adjusted cost base for family held companies
- Preparation of annual budgets as required for specific entities
- Preparation of monthly and/or quarterly budget to actual reports for specific entities
- Assist and/or preparation of quarterly investment reporting
- Preparation of tax filings T2, T3, and HST. Statistic Canada filings and other statutory filings as required.
- Monthly administrative duties and maintain strong record keeping
- Draft payment documents/memos and working with AP/Team members to ensure payments are completed on time
- Assist with preparation for the annual external audits.
- Minimum 4 years of accounting/finance experience
- Experience with the full cycle of accounting, financial analysis and exposure to either Personal or Corporate tax
- Excellent time management and organization skills, ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Solid analytical skills, strategic thinking and process improvement driven
- Professional and discrete demeanor to deal with confidential and sensitive issues
- Self starter, self directed, performance and results driven
- Accepts ownership and accountability and possesses a high level of integrity
- Team player with a positive 'can do' attitude to objectives and challenges
- Professional conduct with occasional interaction with people outside organization is also expected
- Experience with SAP and/or SharePoint an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #393273.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.