Working closely with and reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accountant is responsible for the company’s activities, including the integrity of information and the efficient management of accounts, reporting and data management, streamlining processes, the development of internal controls policies, ERP improvements, controls, and procedures. The Accountant ensures the accuracy, completeness and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end activities; whilst keeping in touch with industry’s best practices. The Accountant also, recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in the department's efficiency and services performed.
About the Opportunity
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
- Reconcile various Balance Sheet accounts, ensuring proper and well-presented working paper support for review and sign-off
- Prepare and post month-end and ad-hoc journals as requested
- Assist with the preparation of month-end close trending analytical reports to minimize post close adjustments
- Maintain subsidiaries general ledger by entering accounting data, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries
- Analyze financial data and generate monthly trend reports and balance sheet reconciliations ensuring financial statement accuracy
- Prepare GST/HST, VAT and US commodity tax filings for review and on-line reporting
- Evaluate workflow processes and procedures to develop, recommend and implement procedural and system changes to increase accuracy and efficiencies
- Review financial and accounting records and correct errors as required
- Participate in external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts, providing information for auditors, and creating standard, structured, automated working papers
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting
- Create, plan, and prepare financial models and other ad hoc reporting as requested
- Assist auditors as required for the preparation of financial analyses and reports
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Assist the Finance department with various ad-hoc requests
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in the process before they snowball?
- Improve the data reporting and accuracy of records over time
- Responsible for looking at continuous process improvements within the overall accounting function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related discipline, or professional accounting qualifications such like CPA, CA, ACCA, etc. is an asset or designation in process
- 3-4 years' experience in as similar level or role within accounting/finance
- Intermediate to advance excel skills with good presentation and documentation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities
- Experience with audit and financial reporting requirements
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #330318.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.