About the Opportunity
The accountant is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial documents; preparing and maintaining important financial reports; ensuring expenses are paid properly and on time; evaluating financial operations; identifying issues; recommending better practices; strategizing on solutions; offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization; ensuring financial records are compliant with laws and regulations; and conducting requested forecasting and risk analysis assessments. This job reports to the Controller and works with the accounting team, and Accountants from other partner organizations
- Using the highest standards and practices to ensure financial documents comply with GAAP (ASPE).
- Collecting and verifying financial information from partner organizations AR/AP and ensuring appropriateness and timely payment of expenses
- Maintaining a general ledger and inputting daily financial transactions
- Resolving financial problems, performing audits, and analyzing profit loss
- Preparing financial statements, producing accounting reports, reconciliations and checking them for accuracy
- Preparing year end audit schedules and reports for interna users (Management/Board) external users Government, Banks, Partner organizations
- Performing accounting activities to control the organization's financial resources and ensuring that it complies with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements.
- Reconciling more complex accounts and checking the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete e.g.: for bank statements, cash, and reconciliation with partners on a monthly basis
- Preparing financial reports so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions
- Preparing reports including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow, debtor and/or creditor lists
- Providing budgets and forecasts for partners
- Coaching and overseeing less experienced accounting staff to help them resolve problems
- Working with other accountants and auditors
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Excel, Word); and proficient use of excel and macros.
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Dynamics, Micro Business Intelligence, Dynamic, and Adaptive is beneficial
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Proficient use of Excel and Macros Experience and Education
- Undergraduate Degree in business, finance, or accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Working towards accounting designation (CPA), the last year or two of finishing designation (preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/ Adaptive Budget and Forecasting
- Experience with understanding transactions between multiple partners would be an asset
- Health care and/or government industry experience is beneficial
$53,000 - $63,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #321859
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.