ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY TO UTILIZE YOUR SKILLS? Our client is looking for a bright individual on a full-time basis.
About the Company
Our client is an organization in the finance industry. They are looking for an individual to be responsible for Bookkeeping duties, including the preparation or review of bank reconciliations and journal entries. This role will open more opportunities for this individual.
About the Opportunity
- Prepare monthly internal corporate entities, investment holding companies
- Prepare all journal entries into accounting system for the investment holding companies
- Prepare and assist with monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly investment schedules for management
- Prepare performance reports for management
- Monthly detailed account reconciliations and financial statement preparation (including financials statement notes)
- Prepare interim and year-end binders with adequate supporting documentation
- Assist in tax reporting processes for the investment holding companies and manager companies such as preparing T5013 slips, T5 slips, GST returns, T2 returns, T3 returns and personal tax filings
- Maintain schedules of other advisory fee income to be updated quarterly with annual tax filings
- Prepare bank reconciliations, corporate tax returns, trust returns, U.S. filings, and GST/EHT filings, for holding companies and trusts
- Post secondary degree in business or accounting
- CPA in progress is considered an asset
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in Quickbooks and tax filings, especially T2 and T3
- Strong comprehension and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
$55,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24233.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.