WE ARE HIRING AN APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (.NET). Our client is hiring a strong Application Development Manager (.NET) for a full-time position in the West GTA.
Application Development Manager (.NET)
The Application Development Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of the company’s large externally-facing transaction web applications.
The manager will be hands-on working on processes, web architecture and resource planning, while managing a dedicated team of 5-10 developers. The role is also responsible for establishing best practices, departmental workflow, technical resources for staff, and knowledge exchange.
This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical large high-volume transactional web applications.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the full stack architecture and development of high-volume transactional web applications written in .NET and PHP
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team as needed
- Review and analyze existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving performance and security
- Design, develop, and implement enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices
- Manage resource utilization - implementing time/project tracking tools
- 5+ years of hands-on development and architecture experience using the .NET ecosystem
- 3+ years of managing development and support teams which develop and support high volume transactional web applications (b2b or b2c)
- Strong experience architecting and implementing enterprise applications using the Microsoft Stack (.NET, MSSQL, IIS, Azure, etc.)
- Excellent overall working knowledge of software development lifecycles (Agile and Waterfall), architectural patterns, security, capacity planning, devops
- Understanding of Automation, Devops, CI, TDD, and other emerging concepts
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
- Experience implementing resource/time management tools for real-time capacity and progress reporting
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management in both technical and business functions, developing strong relationships, and defining clear service levels
$105,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22170.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.