ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AS A DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL REPORTING?
Our client is looking for a Director of Financial Reporting on a 6 month contract.
Director of Financial Reporting - 6 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for core finance, accounts payable, payment accounts/accounts receivable, pension accounting and reporting, taxation matters and special projects as delegated by the Senior Management Team
- Indirect responsibility for research and trust accounting, treasury, and capital as it relates to the overall financial management
- Establish, improve and implement accounting policies and procedures including financial reporting, budgeting and internal controls ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements as well as generally accepted accounting practices and company guidelines
- The Director oversees and is responsible for internal and external corporate financial reporting activities. This includes oversight of finance staff (some direct, some indirect) and external contracts
- The Director oversees and is responsible for the financial processes/policies and internal controls of financial reporting systems, as well as ensuring compliance with legislative requirements such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), MIS reporting, Broader Public Sector directives and financial policies
- The Director will be responsible for leading the annual year end audit(s), internal control operations, preparation of the monthly financial statements and associated analysis for both internal and Board committee meetings
- Accounting designation
- Five (5) years of senior financial management experience and a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive financial/accounting managerial experience
- Experience within a Big 4 accounting firm is considered an asset
- Strong understanding of organizational and financial governance issues and risk management strategies
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to large ERPs
- Advanced Excel
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22605.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.