ARE YOU A HIGHLY MOTIVATED, HARDWORKING INDIVIDUAL? Our client is looking for a Director to join their Tax team.
Director, International Tax Planning
About the Company
Our client is a leading expert in the food service industry. They are dynamic, entrepreneurial and never fail to take risks to exceed record-breaking sales. The finance team is involved in defining and supporting the corporate strategic direction.
Why Work Here
- Hardworking, highly motivated and intelligent designated professionals
- Empowered to develop new business skills and expect to learn
- Employees are expected to take risks and implement brave ideas
- Lots of autonomy and access to senior leaders
- Endless opportunities for professional learning, growth, and career satisfaction
About the Opportunity
- Lead tax planning and reorganization projects, including research, coordination with advisors and internal stakeholders
- Lead implementation of reorganization steps working with internal and external finance and legal teams
- Work with treasury to implement cash funding flows having regard to cash needs, corporate structure and tax attributes
- Maintain calculation of tax attributes, such as basis, surplus, safe income and FAPI
- Support preparation and review of outsourced Canadian income tax and information returns
- Manage Canadian income tax audits, prepare and review responses to queries, and review assessments as related to planning and reorganization projects
- CPA and completed In Depth tax course (or equivalent law degree and specialization)
- 8-10+ years of total tax experience with a majority in international
- Team player with strong analytical, organizational, project management and communication skills
$160,000 - $170,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23719.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.